Fernhurst, Lynchmere and Camelsdale Churches
We have some guidelines for our services which comply with the current government requirements for services in church and are designed to keep us as safe as possible.
- Please fill up the pews from the front of the church as directed by the sidesman. Alternate pews will be left empty.
- Ensure that unless you are one family unit, you maintain two metres distance from others.
- Face coverings are now required by law to be worn in places of worship except by those leading services or those preaching, readings or leading intercessions.
- If the church is so full that the two metre rule cannot be observed, you may sit one metre apart as long as you are all wearing face coverings. We recommend you bring face coverings with you in case this proves necessary.
- At communion you will be asked to come forward one pew at a time from the front. Please stay seated until it is your turn to approach for communion and then afterwards follow the arrows back to your seat. There will be hand sanitiser to use before you receive communion, if you wish.
- Currently you will receive only the bread not the wine.
- At the end of the service, please leave the church one pew at a time from the back, taking your service book with you. These can be left in the box provided near the exit where they will be quarantined for 72 hours.
- For those of you who kindly give each week, there will be a retiring collection. You can leave your gift in the wooden box by the exit and as always thank you for your generosity.
- The normal lavatory will be available but unfortunately we are not able to offer refreshments after the service as yet.
- You may like to know that we will keep your names and phone numbers for 21 days in case we need to contact you. This is suggested as best practice by the Church of England but is not mandatory.