You've come to this page because you are thinking of getting married in a church. Congratulations! This section will hopefully answer some questions you may have as you start to plan your special day.
Who can get married at St Margaret's, St Peter's or St Paul's?
You can get married in one of our churches if one of you lives in the parishes of Fernhurst or Lynchmere and Camelsdale, or if you can demonstrate one of the following connections with either of the parishes. Don't worry if you can show more than one connection, but only one is required!
The connections are, that one of you:
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has at any time lived in either parish for at least six months; or
- was baptised in either parish; or
- was prepared for confirmation in either parish; or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in any of the parish churches for a period of at least six months; or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- has lived in either parish for a period of at least six months; or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in any of the parish churches for a period of at least six months; or
In all cases involving church services - ie going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage - this applies only to Church of England services.
- was married in either parish
One of us has been married before. Is that a problem?
Not necessarily. In principle, we are prepared to marry people in church who have been married before. However, before we can do this we need to go through Church of England's procedures for such cases. We will be able to explain more when you contact us to enquire about making a booking.
How do we go about booking our wedding?
In the first instance, contact the vicar, Nick on 01428 652229, or click here to email to discuss which date you have in mind.
For further information visit the Church of England website .